Why guest blogging should be part of your blogging strategy [infographic]
Guest blogging should be part of your marketing plan if you’re already blogging for your business. So have you considered guest blogging / guest posting as part of your blogging strategy? Otherwise, you could be missing out on a lot of exposure for you and your business.
What is a guest blog?
Guest blogging involves writing a blog post that is posted for free on another website / blog. Typically, the copyright in the guest post belongs to the author and is assigned to them by signature.
Great articles, as I discovered myself, are widely shared. As a way to position yourself as a local expert in your industry, guest blogging can be a great way to build your brand, gain recognition, and even get good links to your website, which helps you get higher rankings in search engines. And the blog owner also wins, he gets great content for free which helps build his blog / website.
This infographic from My Blog Guest shows exactly why you should be invited to blog.
Making the Most of Guest Blogs
If you go to the guest blog, here are some tips to help you get the most out of it:
- Find websites and blogs you can write for.
- Before writing a blog post, submit a post proposal to the site owner.
- Make sure the content you write for the post is unique and not published elsewhere on the web.
- Make sure the content is relevant to the website it’s posted on
- Spend some time reading the website you are going to be posted on so that you know the style and tone of voice it uses.
- Write the best blog posts / content you are able to write, they type what you would write for your own blog, rather than a low quality effort that no one is going to read or share.
- Remember to include links to your own websites and social media profiles in your signature.
Once the article is published, don’t forget to follow up:
- Promote the website it was posted on through your own social media channels.
- Thank people who shared your post on social media.
- Start a conversation and respond to comments.
Are you a guest blogger? What success have you had? I would love to hear your thoughts on blogging for your business in the comments section below and if you enjoyed this post please share it, tweet it and like it with your network.