Romelu Lukaku may further enrage Chelsea fans with his social media activities
Lukaku gave an explosive interview to Italian media in which he revealed his dissatisfaction with life at Chelsea since a record-breaking transfer from Inter Milan this summer.
Romelu Lukaku has risked further enraging Chelsea fans with his social media activity following an explosive interview in which he revealed his unhappiness with life at Stamford Bridge.
The Belgian forward returned to the Blues in the summer transfer window for a record club fee, having won the Serie A title while playing for Inter Milan.
His return to Chelsea, however, was not as successful as expected, with the 28-year-old suffering from injury and a Covid-19 bout which limited his impact for Thomas Tuchel’s men.
Following his return from an ankle injury that ruled him out of six games in all competitions, Tuchel tried to get him back into action, with Lukaku starting four straight games on the bench.
HAVE YOUR WORD TO SAY! Should Thomas Tuchel bring Romelu Lukaku back to Chelsea squad? Comments below.
But the strategy didn’t appeal to the forward, who has shared his feelings about events since returning to Chelsea in an explosive interview with Sky Sports Italia.
“After two years in Italy, where I worked so hard at Inter with the fitness staff and the nutritionist, I feel better than ever,” said Lukaku.
“However, I’m not happy with the situation at Chelsea, that’s to be expected. I think the coach chose to play a different system.
“I just have to not give up, keep working and be professional. I am not happy with the situation, but I am a hard worker and I must not give up.
Blues and Tuchel fans were infuriated by this interview, with Lukaku later being taken out of the squad for Chelsea’s crucial Premier League clash with Liverpool on Sunday.
But Lukaku seems to risk making matters worse with his actions on social media.
First, despite updating his Facebook profile photo and header since returning to Chelsea, his bio simply reads ‘Inter Milan’.
Lukaku has regularly updated his supporters via the social media site, with his last post being published on Thursday 30 December, following the draw against Brighton.
This post saw him caption four frames of the game with “Not the way the year is ending but we’re spending”.
Despite these regular updates, Lukaku still has not changed his biography from the name of his former club.
Eagle-eyed fans have also noticed that his Twitter account has been deleted, with those searching for the Belgian’s official profile being greeted with a message saying “this account does not exist”.
It was later claimed that Lukaku’s account was deleted weeks ago, with the attacker also disabling all comments on his Instagram profile.
Lukaku is set for confrontation talks with Tuchel earlier this week, with Tuchel insisting that there is a path back for Lukaku from his current exile.
“He is our player, he will remain our player, we will always protect our player,” said the Chelsea boss after the draw with Liverpool.
“First, we have to assess the situations, not listen to the media or the pressure, understand what he said and why he said it. Then we will make the decision if it is good to go on Wednesday.
“I can’t tell you right now because we need to talk and understand more about the situation and keep going. Once the situation is clear, he will remain our player and protect our player.